Those of you out there with the AT&T Galaxy Note are probably enjoying that beast of a device with some LTE power right? Well let’s show you how to install Jelly Bean and make that 5.3″ device even more of a beast. Liquid Jelly Bean was built by ManelScout4Life, a developer from XDA. The ROM is primarily built from Cyanogenmod 10.
Enough of that, let’s get started.
- OMG!Droid is not responsible for any damage caused to your device
- This tutorial is for the AT&T Galaxy Note and Liquid Jelly Bean ROM, but will work for other ROM’s.
- A rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, SGH-I717 with TWRP Recovery.
- Download the following files:
- Make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. You don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ROM and Google Apps packages to your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot into Recovery (TWRP, Clockworkmod, etc.). To do this, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together. When the screen turns on, let go of the Power button, but keep holding the Volume buttons until you enter TWRP Recovery.
- Backup your existing ROM. This varies by recovery.
- Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then confirm the data wipe.
- Select Advanced, then select Wipe Dalvik Cache and confirm.
- Select Install. Select the ROM’s ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When installation finishes, select Install again, then select the gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install the Google apps package.
- Select Reboot system now to restart your phone into the new ROM. The first boot under the new ROM may take some time to boot up.
Congratulations! You now have Liquid Jelly Bean ROM installed on your AT&T Galaxy Note. If you have any problems feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to assist you.