First: This project is made for my personal needs, then I decide to publish it because I think some people may need it. This is not a tool for pirating. It’s good or bad depend on how you use it. Please don’t make me look bad because of this.
Use at your own risk. I’ll not take responsibility for anything happen to you or your account.APK Downloader is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to download Android APK files from Android Market to your PC.
Download and Install: APK Downloader 1.2.1
* Please read and follow this instruction carefully before using, or it WON’T WORK *
After installed APK Downloader, you’ll need to follow these steps in able to use it.
I. Disable SSL error warnings
If you don’t do this step, the extension WILL NEVER WORK.
Below instruction is for Windows users. For OS X and Linux users, please read this post ( replace –remote-debugging-port=9222 in the example with --ignore-certificate-errors ).
1. Right click on Chrome shortcut, select “Properties”
2. Switch to “Shortcut” tab. In “Target” field, insert [space]--ignore-certificate-errors at the end. Once you have that finished, click “OK” .
It will look something like this: C:\…\chrome.exe --ignore-certificate-errors
Close Chrome and open it again with that shortcut
3. Open APK Downloader Options page. If your screen looks like the right picture ( the warning box is gone ), then you disabled SSL error warnings successfully.
II. Enter email and device ID on Options page
1. There are two ways to get Email and Device ID
a. Easy way: install this Device ID app, it will show you your emails and Device ID
b. Difficult way: Open dial pad, call *#*#8255#*#* ( 8255 = TALK ). If it opens “GTalk Service Monitor”, find lines that begin with JID and Device ID. Your email is JID, and your device id is a string that after android- prefix
For example: if it shows android-1234567890abcdef , then your device ID is 1234567890abcdef
Do not type in random email or device ID, it won’t work
2. Enter your email’s password, then press Login. If everything is ok, now you can use APK Downloader
III. Start using
After finished two steps above, you can start using APK Downloader. Open Android Market, view any FREE apps ( for example: Simple Text ), then press the APK Downloader icon on address bar ( see screenshot )
It took me 1 week to finish this, so hope you guys enjoy this.... :D