The HTC Explorer is low to mid range phone made to be small, sleek and perform. It has the usual specifications such as Android OS 2.3(Ginger Bread). It is kind of disappointing that it only has a 600 MHz processor considering that cheaper phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Y has a 823 MHz processor for about 60% of the price. Then again the HTC Explorer does have a 3.2 Mega Pixel camera and a better screen in terms of both size (3.2 inches) and resolution (320 x 480 px). It has a capacitive touch screen and a resilient battery while on 2G and 3G networks. It is very simple to Root HTC explorer and can be done within a few steps.
That's it now your HTC Explorer is rooted. If you have any doubts in the process feel free to comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
How to Root HTC Explorer
- The first thing you need to do is download this file. In order to prevent any disturbance to the rooting process go to Settings > Applications > Development and then Enable USB Debugging. Once you do that you need to plug in your HTC Explorer. Then just extract the downloaded file and run Recovery.bat .
- Next you need to just download this file and copy it as it is (as a .zip file) and copy it to your phone.
- Now unplug your phone and reboot it. Now you need to enter into recovery mode. For that press and hold volume up and the OK Button and then press the Power Button.
- Now that you have entered Recovery mode, use the volume up and down keys to navigate and select install zip from sd card > select zip from sd card > superuser zip file (the one that you pasted)
- Now just wait a few minutes for the rooting to finish and after that select Go Back and Then Reboot.